Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Accounts Clerk - Payables
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Accounts Clerk - Payables
Position Classification: Full-time, Permanent, Monthly-paid
The Accounts Clerk - Payables is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll system in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that municipal finances are accurate and up to date and that staff are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
- Undertakes data entry including data pertaining to employee hours, purchases invoices, payment vouchers and general ledger vouchers.
- Prepares payment vouchers and cheques for the finance section according to company policies and procedures.
- Distributes cheques to suppliers and assists with supplier payment inquiries.
- Prepares reimbursement claims for managers.
- Completes payroll functions including calculating salaries and benefits and verifying pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.
- Completes reconciliation of supplier statements with the company’s accounts payable records.
- Performs reconciliation of the Accounts Payable sub-ledger to the GL on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as assigned by the Accountant.
- Assists with annual audit including pulling records, preparing schedules and filing documents.
- Undertakes the filing of accounting records including payment vouchers.
- Sorts invoices received for payment and matches those invoices to their purchase orders.
- Prepares and dispatches customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Maintains a filing system for all financial and payroll documents and ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial and payroll files
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and rules.
- Performs any other duties that are required for the effective discharge of this job.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Foundation/Certificate Level ACCA, CIMA, CMA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in the use of computerized accounting software.
Organizing Skills- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Tact- Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations
Attention to Detail- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; monitors and checks work or information.
Communication- Conveys ideas and facts effectively using a variety of methods
Solution Orientation- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.