Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Accounting Assistant
Full-time, Permanent, Monthly-paid
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing financial and administrative services. This includes monitoring accounts receivables, monitoring certain aspects of inventory, preparation of general ledger reconciliations, preparation of statutory payments.
The Accounting Assistant assists the Accountant in the operations of the finance department which include monitoring and control of receivables, maintenance of subsidiary ledgers and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assists with the reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as assigned by the Accountant and presentation of schedules to support such.
- Performs reconciliations of Accounts Receivable and Inventory sub-ledgers to their GL accounts on a monthly basis.
- Audit of sequencing of all sales transactions both invoicing and receipts monthly and perform random checks of prices and invoices.
- Perform data entry of costings and production reports and ensure that all goods produced and sold are accurately uploaded into the system.
- Reconciliation and preparation of statutory payments on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly general ledger journals, inventory, receivables & payables journals.
- Advises the Accountant of customers who have exceeded their credit terms.
- Assists with annual audit including pulling records, preparing schedules and filing documents.
- Undertakes the filing of accounting records.
- Prepares and dispatches customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Undertakes the calling of credit customer for payments
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and rules.
- Performs any other duties that are required for the effective discharge of this job.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Level I ACCA, CIMA, CMA or equivalent accounting qualification
- A minimum of (5) CXC /GCE Ordinary level passes including Math and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Two years’ or more experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in the use of computerized accounting software – SAGE 50 or similar.
Organizing Skills- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Tact- Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations
Attention to Detail- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; monitors and checks work or information.
Communication- Conveys ideas and facts effectively using a variety of methods
Solution Orientation- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.