Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Eastman and Associates Limited
Job Ref.: SAA/316/EAL
Job Title: SENIOR AUDIT ASSISTANT
Salary / Package: $9324.26 +$1800 Travelling + $285.00 Cola
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
the incumbent is required to be in possession of motor vehicle in good working condition (as they will have to visit the other locations from time to time).
1. To verify and analyze transactions and representations while conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
2. To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Management controls over those activities.
3. To assist in determining whether organizational units in the company are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with Management’s instructions, and applicable statements of policy and procedures, in a manner consistent with both the company’s objective and high standards of administrative practice.
4. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
5. Works under limited supervision.
6. To prepare working papers showing the results of the audit examination.
7. To report audit findings on the results of the review of assigned segments of the audit and to make recommendations for the corrections of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in costs.
8. To assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of Management.
A. To assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit.
B. To assist in determining records or activities to analyze the extent of tests to apply, and the working papers to prepare.
C. To assist in performing the audit in accordance with the approved programme and in a professional manner.
D. To recommend the means of obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidencing data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of controls and on the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
E. To review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
F. To prepare acceptable working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
G. To hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations and reasons for such apparent deficiencies.
H. Performs related work as assigned by the Internal Auditor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, accounting or a related field, or ACCA Level II, with at least two (2) years Auditing experience.
2. Three (3) years working experience in a wide range of Accounting areas at a supervisory level.
3. Equivalent combination of training and experience from which the relevant skills may be obtained.
Thank you for providing us with your CV as the preliminary step in the process of registering for employment through Eastman & Associates Limited, your preferred Recruitment Agency.
• In order to assist with a job placement, you are asked to visit our offices (in office attire) at #31 Scott Bushe Street, Port of Spain between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
• At that time, you shall be interviewed and will be required to complete an online mandatory psychometric assessment (personality test).
• There is a non-refundable processing fee which ranges from TT$250 - TT$500 (cash only) depending on the level of job requested.
• This registration is valid for two (2) years.
On the day of registration you must bring the following:
1. Your resume with details of CXC and A Levels inclusive of Grades
2. Original of all your Educational Certificates
3. Original and copy of your Birth Certificate
4. One valid form of Identification (ID Card, Driver’s Permit or Passport)
5. A police certificate of character (a copy of the receipt is acceptable; however original must be forwarded upon receipt).
6. Two work-related references, as indicated on your resume along with their contact information. (Eastman and Associates reserves the right to refuse/withdraw services from, and employment to, any candidate who misrepresents their qualifications, experience, abilities, status and background).
Should any of your documents not be in the name used for registering, please provide the support for the name change e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll.
We thank you once again for selecting Eastman and Associates Limited for your job search and look forward to being of service to you.