Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Royal Castle Limited
Job Title: Operations Manager
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City: Arima
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Channel of Communication:
The incumbent will report to the CEO/Director, or to any other person/s he/she may designate from time to time.
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operations of all corporate Outlets in keeping with the company’s overall strategy and vision. This includes supervision of the following departments:
- Facilities Department
- Maintenance Department
- Store Operations
- To define strategies to improve profitability and brand consistency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, exercise sound judgment and make decisions in the best interest of Royal Castle Limited & all stakeholders, employees and customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Operations Coordinator in ensuring highest operational standards, quality products, service and cleanliness at Corporate Outlets.
- Monitors the outlets to ensure that customer service is in keeping with company policies and guidelines. Monitors employees’ appearance, courtesy, cross selling and up selling techniques when visiting the outlets.
- Tracks the relevant departments labour and product costs in keeping with budgeted guidelines in collaboration with the Operations Coordinator and the Accountant and remedy as necessary.
- Monitors all operations to ensure they are in keeping with company guidelines and good industrial relations and international best practices and take the necessary corrective action.
- Enforces Royal Castle Methods with regard to receiving, preparing, holding, rotating, packing and servicing products during visits to the various areas.
- The incumbent is also required to actively contribute to the Product Development Department regarding new and existing products, and offer guidelines to the Outlets.
- Verifies that proper cash handling procedures are in place and followed during visits
- Collaborates with the Operations Coordinator to ensure all products are prepared in accordance with established recipes; all operating standards meet Royal Castle’s specifications
- Verifies that the outlets are in keeping with the company’s policy of having all menu items available at all times through unannounced visits.
- Oversees the purchase of new equipment and replacement equipment in collaboration with the Maintenance Coordinator
- Implements effective, routine preventative maintenance program and effect minor repairs on equipment in a timely manner.
- The incumbent is responsible for quality control/assurance and equipment sanitation to ensure a quality end product.
- As far as is possible, guard against/eliminate risk of injury to staff and customers and maintain a safe working environment.
- Establishes a procedure for an adequate level of inventory with regards to required spare parts
- Responsible for ensuring that security measures are in place to guarantee safekeeping of all stock, vehicles, tools and other assets under the purview of the Maintenance Department.
- Manages and oversees all building projects, including renovation of existing building in collaboration with the Facilities Manager
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of work by company approved contractors with regard to repairs and construction related matters in the outlets and other company projects
- Assures that furniture, fixtures and fittings are in excellent condition and in keeping with the company’s mandate and replace or repair in the a timely manner
- Implements effective, routine maintenance program and effect minor repairs on building in a timely manner.
- As far as is possible, guard against/eliminate the risk of staff and customers caused by defective furniture, equipment and damage fittings by identifying and the possible risks and mitigate same.
- Liaises closely with the HR Department to ensure that disciplinary action is in keeping with the principles and practices of good industrial relations and natural justice.
- Completes performance appraisals in a timely and effective manner in accordance with the Company policies and guidelines in collaboration with the Human Resource Manager
- Liaises with the Training Department to ensure that training is in keeping with the requirements of the company
- Liaises with the Health and Safety Consultant to ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are in keeping with the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and meets any required international standards. Ensure compliance of food safety and occupational safety laws in conjunction with the HSE consultant and the Quality Assurance.
- Develops, motivates and effectively coaches Managers of the various departments under his/her supervision.
- Monitors existing processes and analyze their effectiveness
- Creates strategies to improve productivity and efficiency
- The incumbent is required to keep updated with his/her field of training and is to establish procedures and guidelines, which may contribute to the requirements of this position.
- Prepares and submits the required reports in a timely manner to the CEO/Director
Summary of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in sound management principles
- Strong project management skills
- Developed analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of good industrial relations principles and practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate tact and professionalism in dealing with team members and the public
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to plan and organize efficiently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to lead, coach and develop others while working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Qualifications and Experience:
- A first degree in business management and three years experience in the restaurant industry or
- At least five O’Levels including English Language with eight years experience at a management level in a similar position
- Three to Five years experience at a senior level in the quick service restaurant industry.
- Any other combination of equivalent qualifications and experience.
LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE:
In this Managerial position the incumbent is expected to direct, control, plan and organize the activities of the outlets for which he/she is responsible so that operations are kept profitable.
This document is intended to reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be intrin
This vacancy is closed.