Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Damus Ltd
Job Title: Estimator
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Damus Limited is an ISO 9001-2015 and STOW TT certified and a leading Mechanical Construction and Maintenance Contractor in the Petroleum and Process Industries in the Caribbean Region. We are inviting applications to fill the following position:
Under the direction of the Manager, Estimating, the Estimating Technician, working as part of a team, is responsible for accurately calculating the total costs associated with a project and determining the cost of the product or service that will be provided or fabricated, in accordance with the planned schedule and project scope, with defined HSE and quality criteria. He/she must have the ability to communicate effectively with client representatives to enhance customer satisfaction. This portfolio includes supporting the Company’s Project Managers as may be required to achieve the execution of projects to ensure compliance with contractual, code, statutory, regulatory and customer requirements and specifications.
Key Duties Competencies/ Required Knowledge Includes:
- Actively participate in the processing of various tenders, reviewing and completing the bid forms to ensure that they are within the given specifications.
- Prepares cost estimate by reviewing scope of works, site visits, gathering subcontractor proposals, analyzing blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Ability to effectively use MS Projects and/or Primavera software.
- Demonstrated knowledge understanding and ability to read construction drawings and develop Project Schedules.
- Understanding of earned value measurements.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, construction codes and specifications with respect to structural steel, storage tanks and process piping and ISO 9001 Standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical/ Civil Technician’s certification or equivalent in a construction or mechanical related trade,
- Training or certification in Draughting or Technical Drawing is an asset
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in the construction industry with five (5) years relevant experience as a Project Technician or Foreman
- Sc. Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Civil) would be an asset.
- Certification in Supervisory Management from an accredited training institution/programme recognized by the Company would be an asset.