Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Technician (Level III) - Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Technician (Level III) - Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation
These positions will guide and execute planned maintenance work in area of specialty in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with approved standards, processes and documentation. Also responsible for ensuring that support is provided to less experienced Technicians.
- Support operations in ensuring that all critical systems/equipment are maintained in a safe and reliable working condition and operated within design parameters and that all functional testing are in accordance with the relevant and approved standards.
- Actively participate in the reviewing of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Maintenance Strategy in order to improve the maintenance plan.
- Execute the work packages assigned according to plan, ensuring work is completed satisfactorily, in a safe and efficient manner and recorded on the planned maintenance history records.
- Report any failure, sub-standard conditions, or incidents affecting equipment, production or property of the Client.
- Carry out emergency response duties as required.
- Provide valid, accurate and up to date information for the CMMS, through detailed documentation of Work Orders.
- Identify all consumables and spares for the discipline, and monitor quantity levels and adequate storage conditions.
- Participate in assessing the effectiveness of work practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced technicians so they are fully supported in their assigned tasks and perform.
- Ensure a safe place of work by complying with the Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s) and in accordance with BPTT’s Control of Work standards.
- Effective and timely maintenance of all relevant equipment.
- Reading and interpreting Technical Drawings and Layouts.
- Full compliance with Massy Wood Group & Client HSSE Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all other job-related functions.
- Technician’s Diploma in relevant discipline – Mechanical (MET), Electrical (EET) or Instrument (IIET).
- Discipline related experience dealing with a variety of equipment/systems for the Oil and Gas industry.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ Offshore Oil & Gas experience.
- OSHA/BPTT’s Control of Work mandatory training.
- Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge.
- Ability to manage the Spares and Maintenance manuals.
- Must be a good communicator and team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Experience and knowledge of CMMS preferably Maximo & SAP.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Reliability Principles.
- Knowledge of Failure Modes Analysis and Maintenance Strategy.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.