Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RADISSON Hotel
Job Title: Guest Services Manager
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services is a fun, yet challenging role within the hotel, often the first and last point of contact within the hotel, the Guest Services has a huge impact on the overall guest experience. Because of the visibility of this role within the hotel, most guests will contact the Guest Services to resolve any questions or concerns they may have. The Guest Services Manager needs to think quickly on their feet and be able to handle a multitude of situations that may arise. A ‘”Yes I Can” attitude is a necessity for this role. The Guest Services Manager must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure guest satisfaction; all with a positive, professional demeanor.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget; monitors achievement of budget and takes corrective steps as appropriate.
- Ensures seamless transition during shift changes by developing and implementing processes for shifts to communicate with one another.
- To manage assigned shifts for the Front Office
- Manages the operation of the Front Office and all Guest Services:
- Works with all hotel staff to achieve the goals set for Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Processes all guest complaints, and monitors guest satisfaction levels, NPS, GSI
- Ensures the Front Office Checklists are completed daily.
- Controls room allowances. This includes allowances for service deficiencies and hotel staff procedural errors.
- Uses check book accounting to ensure that the Rooms Division profit is in line with budget and revenues.
- Prepares and evaluates schedules using pre-determined productivity guidelines. Analyses business forecasts and schedules accordingly. Flexes this schedule as necessary, but maintains focus on department profit and overall productivity.
- Plans and coordinates hotel housing activities by working closely with Sales, Catering, and Housekeeping and Engineering departments.
- Provides employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively.
- Understands and adheres to Brand Standards of Service and Operation as they apply to the Front Office and high-level customer service interactions.
- Ensures hotel is compliant with all brand standards
- Ensures front office staff is using the tools available to them in order to ensure the financial integrity of the hotel. This includes following credit procedures and credit checks.
- Ensures that the front office handles billing and cash in accordance with the hotel’s cash handling/bank policies.
- Ensures that the front office staff understands the guest loyalty program and benefits of the program; including how to enrol guests, ensure credits are processed, and process in-hotel redemptions or redeem points.
- Ensure that the front office staff understands the importance of recognizing loyalty program members; and benefits associated with the various levels.
- Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement.
- Uses the established training programs in the hotel. Modifies these programs, as necessary. This includes new hire training materials as well as the training calendar for continuing associates.
- Orients employees to the department and hotel and provides on-the-job training on job responsibilities.
- Provides feedback, coaching & counselling to the employee on performance of job responsibilities.
- Uses the Performance Management process on a quarterly basis
Requirements | Other
- BSC Degree in Hospitality Management Tourism, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum of three-five years’ experience supervising/managing preferably in a hotel environment
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability and moderate computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Effective management, leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate the team into high performance
- Work Manager on Duty shift when assigned
- Also do Lobby Ambassador shifts
- Must work a six day week