Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Contract Administrator
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Port of Spain
The Contract Administrator is responsible for ensuring the provision of advice on contract interpretation and requirements to other members of the Project Team and ensuring that contractual arrangements are properly understood and are appropriate to the risk involved.
- Ensures that contractual arrangements between Contractor and Subcontractors, Suppliers and Consultants are properly understood and are appropriate to the risk involved.
- Identifies appropriate documentation to be used for various forms of procurement and advise other Project Team members accordingly.
- Co-ordinates use of external commercial resources and ensure appropriate legal resources are utilized for project-related matter.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for any negotiation of deviations to the Contract, Subcontracts, Supplier and Consultant terms and conditions
- Ensures that the appropriate documentation, as required, is included in any Contracts or agreements signed.
- Prepares and maintains project budgets.
- Ensures appropriate financial control systems are implemented and procedures and standards are understood and maintained.
- Ensures proper and timely commitment and processing of all Contractor cost liabilities.
- Implements Risk and Opportunity management procedures to enable the Project Team and Contractor Management to take appropriate measures to minimize and control the risks and to maximize the conversions of opportunities.
- Prepares and maintains cash flow forecasts for the Project and report on a monthly basis
- Maximizes progress payment claims and creditor payment terms to maintain a cash positive position for Contractor.
- Prepare, negotiate and agree monthly progress payment claims with the Company at the times and within the periods set out in the Contract to ensure maximum proper recovery to Contractor.
- Submit invoices to Company and ensure payments are received within the periods set out in the Contract.
- Identifies, records, notifies, prepares and negotiates all variation and delay claims within the terms of the contract with the Company.
- Prepares, negotiates and reaches agreement on all claims submitted by Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants.
- Ensures that the Contractor is properly and fully insured in all areas if risk including Works, Liabilities, Worker’s Compensation, Vehicle, Plant, PI, Transit, Political Risk and buildings and contents.
- Ensures that all sub-contractors, Suppliers and Consultants and properly an fully insured for their respective obligations under their Agreements.
- Ensures all Bank Guarantees required by the Head Contract are provided and returned within the terms of the Subcontract.
- Monitors and reports actual cost performance against budget.
- Prepares monthly reports of actual and forecast project financial performance inclusive of detailed opportunity and risk statements.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) in Economics/Accounting from a recognised four-year college or university.
- Registered as a certified Economist/Accountant at a recognized Organization
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in a Contracts Administration or similar role, with at least five (5) years’ experience managing or leading a team, preferably in the Construction industry.
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.