Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Specialist Medical Officers (Departments of Accident & Emergency & Surgery)
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Specialist Medical Officers (Departments of Accident & Emergency & Surgery)
The incumbent will be required to administer medical treatment to patients at a hospital or designated institution.
The incumbent will be required to administer medical treatment to patients at a hospital or designated institution. The incumbent would also be required to direct and supervise the work of junior medical officers and other clinical staff in the administration of medical treatment to patients.
- Performs relevant surgical /medical procedures and operations.
- Establishes work schedules and ensures efficient and adequate medical coverage and participates in hospital training programmes.
- Administers medical treatment to patients and serves as a Consultant to medical officers of a lower level as well as medical practitioners in private practice.
- Prepares operational and informational reports and analyses as required.
- Ensures that patients receive an appropriate level of information regarding their condition and its management.
- Conducts quality audits regarding patients outcomes and customer satisfaction.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Medical Degree with the possession of a Specialist Diploma and/or Post Graduate Degree in the relevant field
- Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago as a Medical Practitioner and as a Specialist in the relevant field
- At least five (5) years post graduate experience in a similar or related job function.