Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: TRINRE Insurance Ltd
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for the efficient administration of the accounts receivable function, ensuring the accurate and timely application of receipts and efficient follow-up with insurance brokers. All activities must conform to accounting, financial and organizational guidelines and standards and to all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements, whilst maintaining a customer service orientation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensures premiums are collected in a timely manner by regular liaison (phone calls and visits) with assigned brokers.
- Ensures that all remittances are receipted and applied within 24 hours.
- Submits to the Underwriting department on a monthly basis, a list of policies to be cancelled. Prepares and issues cancellation notices in keeping with organizational policy.
- Submits to the Underwriting department, on a weekly basis, details of remittances in respect of policies, which have yet to be booked on the Insurance Administration system.
- Submits weekly report at the beginning of the week, showing expected collection for the week.
- Prepares monthly producer statements for forwarding to the respective brokers.
- Reconciles Accounts Receivable (local producers) sub-ledger to the General Ledger.
- Ensures that all queries with respect to billings and unapplied cash are resolved within 48 hours.
- Prepares supporting documents for payment of statutory 6% tax in respect of general insurance premiums.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Accounting qualification such as AAT, CAT as a minimum.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in a similar capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Person of integrity with sound character.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel, bespoke insurance and accounting packages.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail and accuracy oriented.