Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: The Singh's Group of Companies
Job Title: Group Metal Buyer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Ferrous & Non Ferrous Metals Purchaser
The Scale Master is responsible for receiving all inbound materials. This includes sorting and grading the materials in an efficient manner to maximize the profitability of the sale of the materials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for inspecting incoming customer loads for acceptable and non-acceptable materials.
- Sort and grade materials properly to avoid any claims or deductions on outbound shipments.
- Assess load and communicate transaction details with the customer
- Complete requisite documentation of all inbound and outbound scale transactions and update database ensuring accurate customers information and material details.
- Weighs, purchases and calculate payment for all purchase materials.
- Issues tickets for Purchase payments
- Prepare, submit and follow up with credit customers regarding monthly pricing, load information and invoices
- Prepare customer statements in keeping with negotiated terms and conditions
- Prepare and dispatch updated pricing to commercial customer
- Sensitize retail customer of changes or updates to pricing
- Coordinate the dispatch and collection of Metal collection bins to Commercial Customers
- Preparation of Purchase Orders for office and safety supplies and non metal inventory
- Ensure compliance with Company procedures as it relates to the buying and selling of recyclable materials.
- Maintain accurate daily records of scale operations.
- Day-end computer reports
- Account for all scale tickets
- Cash report and daily balancing of register
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Certificate in Business Administration with an understanding of Accounting, Logistics & Procurement and Customer Service in an industrial environment
- Extensive knowledge of Ferrous and Non Ferrous metals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills MS Office
- Analytical math skills
- Safety oriented
Interested persons should submit resumes to:
67-69 Southern Main Road,
Savonetta, Point Lisas,
Trinidad, West Indies