Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: VENTURE Credit Union
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: FACILITIES & HSSE OFFICEER
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City: COUVA
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Responsible for providing a productive, comfortable and safe operating environment by developing integrated systems, policies and procedures for the maintenance of VENTURE Credit Union’s facilities and assets by location.
The coordinator is required to develop and manage all upgrade and maintenance plans, to oversee the work of contractors and service providers and to develop and maintain the optimal structure for effective functioning of the Facilities department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs for identified areas as well as any remodels or constructions, capital projects, emergency repairs or immediate actions
- Manage and administer service contracts and purchase orders associated with the development of maintenance of the facilities on site.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated facilities management and maintenance plan.
- Coordinate all Facilities activities, work direction, and support systems.
- Prepare and maintain related RFP’s, bid information, and other contract documents
- Preparing financial analysis for special projects and developing cost reduction plans, where applicable. This will include processing quotations for projects, drafting contracts, and overseeing maintenance and custodial operations.
- Advising on design and construction, proposing modifications to existing designs (inclusive of spatial planning) and solutions, and recommending structural repairs when necessary.
- Developing scope of works for tenders including estimates, schedules, drawings and specifications. ensuring compliance with the approved procurement system, procedures and guidelines
- Ensures operational efficiency by developing Requests for Proposals and tender documents for activities, reviewing and advising on submitted information.
- Oversees and manages projects as assigned and service providers, ensuring the prioritization of projects and activities, and the maintenance of all safety and quality standards and agreed upon timelines and goals.
- Prepares annual maintenance budget, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances, reporting on activities and implementing corrective action as required.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with security and administrative personnel, providing reports on activities, highlighting concerns and recommending corrective action.
- Develops and implements systems for the reporting of required repairs, assessment of on-call facility repair and maintenance services, identifies shortcomings in responsiveness, quality of repairs, communications, taking prompt and positive action to reduce downtime.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Prepare applicable HSE & Facilities Management reports as necessary.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Observe HSE regulations and encourage safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Visit branches and offices on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- • Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA) including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Any other function deemed necessary based on the objectives of the Credit Union
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil or Industrial Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Certification in Facilities/Building Management, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Certification in Project Management and Planning will be an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Ability to manage work to meet deadlines
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Negotiation skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Special Abilities and Aptitudes: