Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the Food and Beverage department, through maintaining optimum levels of customer satisfaction, product quality, and hygiene standards.
- Manage the efficient operation of the restaurants, bars, kitchens and related activities to ensure performance at the optimum level.
- Manage inventory, shrinkage and breakage.
- Control costs by ensuring strict adherence to portion control & recipes, conformance to standard operating procedures/guidelines, minimizing waste, review of ingredient costs to effectively maintain established bar and food cost.
- Ensure the kitchens, bars and restaurants are properly equipped, stocked, and ready for daily operations.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing Manager in planning menus and overall readiness for all conferences and banquets.
- Liaise with Facilities Manager to ensure proper operation of all equipment in bars, kitchens, room service, and catering.
- Make recommendations and liaises with Purchasing Officer to ensure adequate quality and availability of supplies.
- Prepare routine reports to the Managing Director to monitor the performance of the department within budget guidelines.
- Prepare and manages an annual budget to meet restaurant financial and operating objectives.
- Recruit, train, motivate and discipline staff and ensure that company policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory health, hygiene and safety standards.
- Perform the function of Manager on Duty as rostered.
- Perform any other related duties which may be allocated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Food and Beverage Management.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and public holidays.
This vacancy is closed.