Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: TT143972HM
Job Title: Senior Manager - Business Continuity and Crisis Management
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
About the firm
Deloitte in Trinidad is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 100 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrows agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
About the team
Deloitte’s support function, also known as Internal Client Services (ICS), is Deloitte’s engine room and they provide many of the central functions to making the business successful. You will find teams in Talent, IT, Finance and Risk to name just a few. ICS plays a critical role by helping their internal stakeholders to be more efficient and focused on delivering an impact that matters to their individual client groups. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join the ICS team and support the learning within the Talent team for the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC), whilst also working with our Global Learning Administrative Services.
About the Role:
As a Senior Risk Manager you will be responsible for driving, monitoring and reporting on the Firm’s Business Continuity & Crisis Management and Internal Audit functions, and providing other support to the CBC Risk & Compliance Center (RCC). The incumbent may also be involved in other internal risk and compliance projects or in provision of professional risk advisory services to external clients where scope is relevant. In this role, you must have strong project management and communication skills, a keen attention to detail and the ability to self-manage assigned goals.
- Responsible for producing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the Business Continuity and Crisis Management plans and policies for the CBC.
- Responsible for the delivery of Crisis Management Team training, Crisis Support Team training and developing the organisation’s crisis capability.
- Undertaking Asset crisis preparedness, including;
- Media Response training,
- Relative Response training,
- Crisis simulation exercises.
- Provides directional and operational IT support of firm’s overall business continuity planning through collaboration with designated working groups or committees.
- Responsible for the disaster recovery strategy and recovery plan, monitoring and testing.
- Report to Risk & Reputation Leader, Chief Information Security Officer and Board of Directors.
- Liaising with DTTL and internal and external practice review teams regarding Business Continuity Management.
- Design, perform and report to leadership on a range of internal audit activities related to IT and manual controls established to support policies across the CBC firm, including those related to IT, Risk, Talent and Finance.
- Report to CBC Board of Directors on results of Internal Audit procedures and associated recommendations for improvement.
- Liaising with DTTL and internal and external practice review teams regarding the Internal Audit program.
- Involvement in specific projects related to CBC internal risk and compliance monitoring program.
- Overall responsibility for Crisis Management and Business Continuity related client requests.
- Ad hoc support for relevant professional service engagements to external risk advisory clients.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our organization will:
- Act as a role model and inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
- Build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact.
- Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish a strong leadership brand and inspire followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field considered an asset and desired.
- Recognized and relevant professional qualifications required (such as CISA, CMCS, BCCS accreditation, etc.).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience (with 3 years at a Manager level) in operational support experience in internal/external Risk Advisory related services, particularly in internal audit and business continuity and disaster recovery engagements.
- Working knowledge of and experience of internal audit or controls assurance is essential, along with general computer controls experience.
- Excellent project management, written, and oral communications skills desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal service functions and business service lines is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people is required.
- Experience with ISO 22301 is strongly preferred.
Additional desirable experience includes;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence and ability to lead by example.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of client’s business and needs.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement.
- Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Superior oral and written communication skills proven through extensive report/proposal writing experience and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of pressing deadlines, manage multiple engagements at the same time and manage change and ambiguity.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Superior business acumen and an ability to solve complex business issues.
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities.
- Proven track record with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Requires a high level of maturity, professionalism, initiative, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment and independently.
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ complex issues. Further discover the Caribbean and Bermuda and how you can benefit from a career with Deloitte on our career’s website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This vacancy is closed.