Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Regional Coordinator, Pharmacy Services
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
REGIONAL COORDINATOR, PHARMACY SERVICES
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, directing, implementing and evaluating all aspects of pharmaceutical operations inclusive of clinical pharmacy services throughout the North-Central Regional Health Authority.
- Develops, implements and reviews pharmacy policies and procedures to ensure that the services conform to the Authority’s needs.
- Develops systems to ensure that all laws and regulations are implemented, followed and monitored.
- Takes initiative in decision making and oversight to ensure immediate actions are executed to correct all legal discrepancies.
- Plans and controls the Pharmacy’s budget and use of equipment, space and supplies resources to effectively meet the pharmacy’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborates in supervising the pharmacy staff involved in regional allocation of resources in preparing and dispensing medication and providing clinical pharmacy services, such as patient education and counseling, drug use reviews, pharmacokinetics and pharmaceutical consultants.
- Prepares reports and statistics of pharmacy programme evaluations.
- Collaborates in estimating the pharmacy’s needs, in terms of personnel, drug inventories, supplies and equipment.
- Develops, implements and maintains continuous in-service education and training programmes for the pharmaceutical staff organisation-wide and pre-registered pharmacists.
- Collaboratively ensures that all pharmaceutical critical limits are effectively and efficiently maintained at all departments/units.
- Prepares budget recommendations and complies with all approved.
- Maintains pharmacy records according to facility and regulating and accrediting agency guidelines.
- Ensures all departments/units operations are conducted in accordance with accepted and expected ethical, lawful and professional standards.
- Performs related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited educational institution.
- Postgraduate certification in Business Administration, Management or any related discipline will be an asset.
- Current registration with the Pharmacy Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- In excess of ten (10) years experience in a Hospital or Primary Health Care Pharmaceutical environment; five (5) of which must be in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Any other qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 03, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.