Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Ruby Tuesday Trinidad
Job Ref.: Job 003-18
Job Title: EXECUTIVE CHEF
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City: Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We are looking for a mature individual with leadership quailities to fill the role of Executive Chef.
The encumbent will be responsible for all food production. He/She will be expected to develop menus and recipes, inventory lists and supervise staff while maintaining the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Cook or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Supervise kitchen staff
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Culinary Arts or Food and Beverage Management
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with a Point of Sale System
- Police Certificate of Character
This vacancy is closed.