Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Peer Educator
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
The incumbent will be responsible for peer education and first line counseling to visitors of the Youth Drop In Centre, persons referred by schools, Youth Organisations, Clubs, and assisting in the daily activities of the Centre.
- Prepares education lesson plans and material for teaching.
- Assists in the design and development of newspaper articles to be published every two (2) months.
- Offers counseling and support to visitors or persons referred to the Drop-In-Centre.
- Refers clients who need professional counseling to the Centre Manager.
- Maintains an up-to-date newspaper clippings file, comprised of information relevant to young people.
- Maintains a personal file on each client.
- Ensures that an accurate log of all visitors is maintained.
- Forwards requests for education programmes to the Centre Manager.
- Advises the Manager on required education materials for the Centre.
- Participates in all activities of the Centre, including health promotion.
- Ensures that appropriate referrals are made to professional counselors.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Minimum of Five (5) GCE/CXC O’Level passes; two of which must be English Language and Mathematics, (or Principles of Accounts or Economics).
- Certification in Peer Education/Counseling.
- Certification in Advanced Counseling.
- Certification in Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in HIV/AIDS Education activities.
- Any other qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 26, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.