Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: District Health Visitor
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
DISTRICT HEALTH VISITOR
The incumbent will be responsible for performing public health nursing within a primary health care paradigm and for the management of an assigned health district, towards optimum health and well being of individuals, families and the community. Also, place emphasis on child health, health promotion, disease prevention and rehabilitation.
- Participates in the review of policies for the district in accordance with the Ministry of Health and the Authority.
- Edits and updates policy and procedure manuals every five (5) years.
- Updates the community profile for the district annually.
- Identifies the health needs of the community.
- Reviews the operational plan for the health district in collaboration with the community’s health team.
- Liaises with the Heads of Department and Non-Governmental Organisations on issues related to client health.
- Conducts needs assessments for financial, human, and material resources by September 30th every year.
- Prepares a budget based on the identified needs.
- Orientates new staff to the district.
- Prepares and reviews (as necessary) duty rosters for staff monthly.
- Conducts pre and post conferences for the daily activities of the Health Centre.
- Allocates adequate material resources to staff daily.
- Liaises with other members of the Health Care team.
- Manages the weekly Child Health Clinic.
- Conducts child health surveillance on each child according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Conducts assessment of the school child and refers them to the Medical Officer.
- Conducts health education at clinic sessions, schools, homes, work places and community group sessions on lifestyle and the environment.
- Coordinates activities for the effective functioning of the health district.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Conducts surveillance on communicable and non-communicable diseases in the health district using the specified forms and guidelines.
- Maintains the cold chain using the prescribed policies and guidelines.
- Identifies the target population for each vaccine according to age groups and stipulated time frame.
- Immunises clients following guidelines and procedures.
- Tallies vaccines administered daily and plots graph monthly.
- Collates, tallies and submits the vaccine report to the County Health Visitor/Primary Care Nurse Manager by the 5th of the succeeding month.
- Maintains records and reports.
- Attends continuing education programmes for a minimum of thirty-two (32) hours annually.
- Maintains registration in general nursing and midwifery with the Nursing Council of Trinidad and Tobago and the Trinidad and Tobago Registered Nurses Association.
- Conducts continuous assessment of the staff.
- Completes the appraisal reports of staff annually and submits them to the relevant countersigning officer.
- Requisition for vaccines weekly/monthly use.
- Ensures that all work areas are well maintained in all aspects required by nursing standards.
- Maintains good working relationships with the assigned span of control to provide optimal quality patient care.
- Performs any other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- A Nursing Degree from a recognised institution.
- Certification in District Health Visiting.
- Certification in Midwifery.
- Certification in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current registration with the Nursing Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in various hospital departments.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 26, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.