Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (COMMUNITY)
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (COMMUNITY)
The incumbent will be responsible for creating a quality culture within the Community Health Care Delivery System by empowering staff through coaching, mentoring and support. Also, by working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure continuous quality improvement within the health system.
- Identifies areas of deficit within the health care delivery service system and plans and executes programmes to address same.
- Visits all health units in St. George East, observes clinic activities and quality of services offered, examines data, methods of data collection, analysis and documentation.
- Develops guidelines for the delivery of care within the community based on predetermined policies/procedures.
- Creates an environment that fosters the execution of quality care within the community.
- Identifies health needs of the county and plans and executes programmes to address same based on inter-sectorial collaboration.
- Participates in the decision making process within the county in conjunction with the Primary Care Nurse Manger, County Medical Officer of Health and the Region.
- Facilitates the community health experience of all categories of Nursing staff.
- Plans and implements orientation programmes, updates and conferences with specific groups.
- Coaches staff and students in the development of skills appropriate for the accomplishment of relevant tasks.
- Provides support for all categories of staff.
- Engages in professional growth and development of staff
- Creates opportunities for individual upgrading of skills.
- Engages in research methods to promote best practices in service delivery.
- Serves as a resource person for community health related matters.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education.
- Diploma in Health Visiting.
- Training as evidenced by certification in Medical, Surgical and General Nursing Practice, Midwifery and Psychiatry (optional).
- Certification in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in Community Health and Nursing practice.
- Experience in Management and Public Administration.
- Any other qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 26, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.