Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: STANDARD Distributors Limited
Job Title: Dispatch & Logistics Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Dispatch & Logistics Manager
Manage the efficient dispatch, delivery, storage and safe keeping of goods through the management of people, processes and systems and to effectively plan, organize and direct the logistics function of the company.
- Represent, oversee & supervise all dispatchers to ensure the overall accuracy of the delivery process.
- Assist with the daily management of warehouse operations and activities and ensure the efficient utilization of resources.
- Efficiently plan and co-ordinate the scheduling of the expeditious delivery of products to customers in accordance with relevant delivery schedules, as well as maintain means to track efficiency.
- Efficiently utilize warehouse space, materials and equipment, appropriately secure warehouse facilities and ensure that the warehouse is clean, tidy, orderly and maintained in accordance with acceptable housekeeping standards.
- Assist with the planning and monitoring of the storage of goods within the warehouse, in a manner conducive to allowing continuous stock checking, and no stock loss.
- Ensure all measures are taken to ensure no damage and theft to product and company assets.
- Identify and report on all damages observed within the warehouse.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and contractors as necessary.
- Advise, guide and direct subordinate staff to ensure high standards of customer service is constantly maintained.
- Compile relevant data for submission to Managing Director for inclusion in monthly general reports.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment, and maintenance of the delivery fleet.
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book.
- Any other duties, which may be assigned.
- BSc. in Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Certification in Logistics would be considered an asset
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar environment
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory position
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication
- Able to work in a team environment