Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Guardian Media Limited
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Purpose :
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial reporting submissions including a complete set of accounts and reporting on company-wide accounting systems. This position exercises considerable judgment in planning, implementing, revising and maintaining accounting procedures and the preparation of statements and reports.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities :
- Plans, organizes, reviews and supervises the work of the accounting team.
- Develops an internal system of reports for evaluation and control of operations.
- Responsible for the completion of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial and statistical statements or reports and the timely submission of same.
- Analyzes and reviews accounting issues and recommends improvement.
- Responsible for completion of the corporation tax schedules for submission to tax advisors.
- Makes assessments on accounting policy, internal controls and their implementation.
- Prepares quarterly taxes and annual tax returns
- Prepares consolidated financial statements
- Ensures that all Subsidiary ledgers tie with the General Ledger balances
- Responsible for the Reconciling of Balance Sheet accounts monthly, ensuring all relevant journals are prepared, reviewed and data entered on a timely basis
- Reviews the order entry points of all Front-end Systems in order to ensure the integrity of the data
- Assists with the preparation of financial budgets
- Prepares miscellaneous management reports as required
- Completes quarterly CSO and CBTI reports
- Takes leadership in managing the company’s cash
- Directs and completes internal and external audit activities by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors to ensure compliance
- Management of the payroll function at GML and submission of monthly returns;
- Participates in ensuring current GAAP and financial standards are reflected in the company accounts and business processes to maintain and strengthen internal control;
- Any other related duty as assigned by management.
• In possession of ACA or CIMA or ACCA
• 5 years professional accounting experience - Minimum of 3 years Supervisory experience
• Proactive and commercial with an analytical mind-set
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lead and manage others.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective
• Can work independently to prepare financial statements and in applying
accounting practice and theory.
• Experience in leading the implementation of any Accounting software package.