Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Eastman and Associates Limited
Job Ref.: SAO/326/EAL
Job Title: Senior Accounting Officer
Salary / Package: $8000.00
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
• Review Cashiers and related work flows
. • Responsible for the allocation of all monies received.
• Oversee Journal Processing.
• Review Commission Payments • Daily oversight of the Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cashier and General Ledger Function
• Assisting with the reconciliation of accounts and the preparation of month-end schedules.
• Liaison with the Underwriting, Claims and Processing Departments Re: Claims, Policies and Premium processing
• Provide support / back up to the Management Reporting Manager
• Perform any other duties not mentioned herein.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Confidentiality and Diplomacy.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and independently
• Ability to interact well with all levels of management
• Willingness to continuously update skills
EXPERIENCE • A minimum of two (2) years experience in a an accounting environment • Computer Literate in Microsoft Office Suite. • AAT certification or ACCA intermediate qualification; 1st degree in accountancy or other relevant field • Must be knowledgeable of – o Accounting Standards o Relevant laws, regulations and guidelines • Must possesses the competencies to succeed as an Accountant. • Any equivalent combination of training and experience. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES • Ensure the Cashier completes her job accurately & timely. • Oversight of the other junior members of the department. • Act as the leader of the department in the absence of the managers. • COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP Internal: • General Manager • Management Staff • All staff External: • Suppliers • Clients • Brokers & Agents • Regulators • Bankers