Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Food Basket International Ltd
Job Title: Security/Surveillance Supervisor
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position title: Security/Surveillance Supervisor
Location: Arima, Omera Road
Position Type: Full time
Position Summary: The Security/Surveillance Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day activities of the in-house security team whilst also ensuring that the surveillance monitoring room is operational and covered at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe the current security systems in place and make recommendations
- Assist in building in-house security/surveillance team
- Supervise and coordinate all security personnel
- Maintain surveillance room
- Observe and monitor staff at all levels
- Build and implement theft prevention strategies
- Train and re-train Surveillance operatives.
- Keep accurate record of all activities
- Pro-actively ensure the protection of merchandise and property within the building and compound.
- Patrol the shopping area
- Direct emergency vehicles and other traffic if a major incident occurs.
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Accurately reporting all incidents to senior managers.
- Preventing and detecting offences on site, paying particular attention to theft/shoplifting.
- Escorting individuals off the premises.
- Liaising with the emergency services, police, ambulance and fire service to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Controlling the entry and exit of vehicles during busy periods.
- Making sure that no unauthorised personnel enter restricted areas.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five –Ten (5-10) years experience in a similar position
- Excellent Communication Skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Experience in working within a Retail/Supermarket environment will be considered an asset
- Knowledge in operating surveillance equipment
- Regimental/Military Experience will be considered an asset
- Computer Literate