Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Contracts Officer II
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
CONTRACTS OFFICER II
The incumbent will be responsible for providing onsite technical supervision and support for the North-Central Regional Health Authority by overseeing the day-to-day construction activities undertaken on assigned construction site, with a great emphasis on quality control.
- Assist the organisational relationship in the achievement of the department’s strategic goals and in the development of such strategies to achieve the stated objectives.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating projects as assigned by organisational relationship.
- Liaise with the Authority’s Legal department to ensure controls are in place to manage contract risks, minimise fraud exposure and protect the Authority’s interest.
- Monitor and evaluates the period of extended warranty on purchased equipment to ensure that the Authority receives value for money.
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure the workmanship and practices of contractors are in adherence to all building codes, plans and specifications with great emphasis on quality.
- Observe testing and quality control activities for compliance with the contract requirements.
- Monitor the cleanliness and general orderliness of construction sites.
- Monitor construction work schedules to ensure compliance with the established timeframes.
- Report any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedule to the organisational relationship in verifying the quantum of works completed by each contractor.
- Assist the organisational relationship in verifying the quantum of works completed by each contractor.
- Ensure that all site activities adhere to the policies and procedures of the Authority.
- Attend project meetings as and when required by the organisational relationship as the Authority’s site representative.
- Assist in the preparation of scope of works, specifications and cost estimates for variations to the works.
- Assist in managing the projects’ Finances, HR Assets and procurement logistics and administrative matter ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with the Authority’s established policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Business or Project Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience; two (2) of which should be from large construction projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Database applications.
- Any other equivalent qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities must be supported by certified transcripts, as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by and copies of certificates by
February 23, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, First Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.