Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Planner II
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Massy Wood Group
The Planner II is responsible for ensuring the provision of a high standard of schedule development and management for entire project lifecycle, including building schedules, monitoring progress, producing reports and guiding scopes towards the optimum completion date.
- Understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules.
- Prepare schedules for entire project lifecycle, including engineering and construction.
- Prepare, review and ensure timely issue of all relevant reports to stakeholders.
- Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish.
- Provide realistic resource forecast data at a project and corporate level.
- Maintain realistic future work forecast plans for resource management.
- Provide input into the budget forecasting process.
- Support the Project Controls Lead as required.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Ensure that the WBS structure for planning is the same for cost discipline.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required.
- Analyses and summaries activities and produces reports on progress.
- In collaboration with the Functional Managers, to identify and agree the critical activities that will deliver key Company/Project objectives.
- Combining separate functional and discipline plans into one integrated company plan.
- Establishing the status and updating the Integrated Project Plan on a weekly and monthly basis as required.
- Identifying critical changes and any slippages to key deliverables and milestones.
- Establishing with discipline and Functional Managers any changes to the risk profile for delivery of the plans.
- Measurement of KPI and Histogram reporting
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, from a recognised university
- PMP or related project management certification will be an asset
- At least seven(7) years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical Environment
- At least five (5) years’ experience planning and executing TARs and Outages.
- Good working knowledge of Project Management Software e.g. Primavera and Microsoft Project
- Exposure to CMMS and database management
- Good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management. PM Bok Certification will be an asset.
- Good general understanding of Cost Management, Planning and Change Control.
- High degree of Computer Literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others as well as work unsupervised.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.