Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Security Supervisor
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Security Supervisor is required to provide direct support to the Security Manager in the coordination and management of various aspects of the Security Department.
The incumbent is expected to review existing security operational arrangements and to submit recommendations to improve the quality of security services provided to the Corporation.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning, organizing and directing of security programmes to ensure the delivery of high quality security services to the Corporation and its customers
- Represents the Security Manager in security related matters related to his/her specific area of operation as directed
- Represents the Corporation in security related Court matters as directed
- Assists in identifying the resources required to ensure an efficient and effective level of security services to the Corporation
- Assists in the design, supervision and review of the installation of anti-intrusion detection systems and equipment in the Corporation
- Assists in the planning and execution of emergency evacuation procedures for the Corporation
- Ensures that proper records are kept of all emergency evacuation procedures and implementation plans
- Manages the day to day security operations in assigned area(s)
- Ensures that high levels of discipline, appearance and on the job conduct are implemented and sustained amongst all Security Personnel within the assigned area
- Conducts routine inspections at all the Corporation’s locations and prepares reports with recommendations as required
- Undertakes investigations in a professional and impartial manner and generates reports as required
- Conducts performance evaluation(s) on security service providers and submits reports with recommendations as necessary
- Certifies work done by security service providers and verifies same for payment
- Assists in the development of standard operating policies, procedures and guidelines relative to the security of persons and property as necessary
- Assists in the training and orientation of new/existing employees relative to security matters
- Conducts research to keep abreast of security related best practices for consideration and implementation of modern security practices and procedures
- Ensures that the records management function of the Security Department is in alignment with the approved Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Prepares and/or presents technical/progress reports as required
- Performs any other duties related to the job function as may be assigned
Dimensions and Scope of Role
Key Behavioral Capabilities
Personal Attributes: Uses initiative and demonstrates a positive work attitude, self-confidence and high level of energy; is well motivated to perform with minimum supervision. Accepts change positively, and adjusts to the demands of the job; Reports to work punctually and regularly; Displays honesty, and credibility in work situations.
Problem Solving: Is able to analyze complex data or situations, prioritize key issues; creates insightful solutions to problems and ensures their proper execution
Team Player: Works well as a contributing member of a customer focused team; performs role assigned in the interest of the team’s success.
Communication: Contributes to discussions; and completes documents in a logical and organized manner; Communicate at all levels as required by job functions
Business Awareness: Understands the wider business environment in the context of delivering short-term value; Ability to deliver results which add value to the department and to the business.