Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Ref.: Electrical Warehouse
Job Title: Hiab/Heavy T Driver
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City: San Juan
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position is primarily geared towards delivery of goods to Hardware and Electrical stores throughout Trinidad and Tobago. This is an entry level position which requires physical fitness and endurance. Essential duties include loading of trucks and vans before delivery; performing basic maintenance checks on vehicles to ensure that vehicles are in safe driving condition and reporting any issues to Management. The driver is also responsible for the safety of the goods in the truck during delivery and is accountable for all yellow copies of invoices. They must ensure that the trucks are washed and cleaned as needed. Drivers must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures and obey all driving/traffic regulations and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Loading of trucks prior to delivery- 20%
Driving in a safe and courteous manner so as not to cause harm or injury to self, others or property and ensuring that Timesheets are completed after each stop to account for time spent at each location and returning the timesheet to the warehouse after deliveries for the day are completed- 20%
Delivery of goods to customers and ensuring that goods given are in excellent condition and not damaged or defaced in any way-30%
Accounting for yellow copies received from customers after the delivery is completed and ensuring that they are returned to the warehouse and given to a supervisor to check off. All returned goods should be accounted for in the presence of the receiving supervisor- 20%
Performing checks and refueling delivery vehicle and washing and maintaining the cleanliness of the said vehicle- 10%
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver will perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the Department. Such duties may include, but are not limited to:-
- Offloading of Containers
- Minor tasks related to assisting with moving pallets or moving vehicles from the driveways and aisles as necessary.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all appropriate PPE in a correct manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Ability to read and write and understand instructions
- 3(Three) Ordinary Level Passes
- Fit physical condition
- Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
- Ability to communicate well
- Team Player
- Previous Experience in Warehousing/Delivery Environment
1. 2-3 years’ experience in Warehousing and Delivery
2. Ability to multitask
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the geography of Trinidad and Tobago
- Heavy-T/Light-T Driving Permit
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Certificate of Character
- Forklift License (If applicable)
- Qualified operator for Lorry loader