Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Facilities Officer
Sector: FACILITIES,FACILITES MANAGEMENT,MAINTENANCE
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The primary job responsibility will be to assist the management of assigned projects or multiple small jobs. Specific responsibilities include work scheduling of all personnel’s, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations, audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation, training of supervisors and staff and special project work as requested. This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost effective manner.
· Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities with senior management for respective zones.
· Identify materials, supplies, and equipment needed for specific jobs and projects as well as evaluate and justify supplies and equipment required by the organization.
· Control of expenses within area of responsibility.
· Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements as related to the custodial contract are being satisfied.
· Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
· Establish custodial work standards and flow.
· Evaluates employee performance through the review of completed work assignments, techniques and abilities as well as conduct random spot checks/inspections at different geographical janitorial job sites and employees..
· Trains subordinate team leaders and underlings in job skills, proper cleaning methods, and use of equipment, safety practices and prevention, and in work regulations.
· Assist in selection and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring and promotion.
· Prepare and maintain records, reports, and correspondence relative to the work.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
· Develop proper monitoring and control systems in the following areas but not limited too; staff performance, client satisfaction and inventory control.
· Develop & analyze training needs with written training plan and schedule
· Development of proper reporting systems, daily weekly monthly and quarterly with appropriate finding and solutions.
· Build relationships with key executives and stakeholders in support of the growth, resulting in the recruitment and retention of customers
· Develop and analyze departmental procedures and processes eg: handbook.
· Maintain an environment that is sanitary and in orderly condition.
· Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
· Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
· Performs related work as assigned.
· Ability to operate, use and maintain tools, machinery and equipment of the janitorial service.
· Ability to develop work schedules making the most efficient use of personnel.
· Ability to train and supervise a large group of employees spread in diverse areas
· Ability to take hands on approach to leadership.
· Demonstrated proficiency with general business acumen.
· Excellent interpersonal skills & Strong public speaking skills. .
· Strong service/quality attitude.
· Ability to plan, organizes, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
· Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines; self-directed (being proactive).
· Motivate and train staff.
· Experience managing custodial operation
· Working knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, and supplies used in small to large-scale janitorial activities of the service.
· Working knowledge of the qualities, adaptabilities, and uses of common tools, equipment, and materials used in cleaning and maintenance activities.
· Working knowledge of methods used in the cleaning of buildings both residential /commercial.
· Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
· Working knowledge of vector control practices.
· Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
· Proficiency in good customer service skills.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS
· 5 O’ Level CXC including Mathematics and English
· Certification in Facilities/Building Management
· Certification in Project Management and Planning will be an asset
· Computer Literate
· HSE Certification
· Three (3) years in a similar position
· Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
· Ability to work flexible time
· Vehicle in good working condition & Valid driver’s license
Other work related requirements
· Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to hazardous work environments and conditions.
· Availability to work late hours, nights and weekends when necessary.
· Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods.
· Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.