Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Electrical Industries Group Ltd
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent will Support financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manage the month end financial reporting close process by coordinating all systems and users, GL, and precise review of data prior to reporting
- Analyze both P&L and balance sheet and assist in identifying financial business opportunities
- Understand market trends for business drivers to provide upper management with informed and sufficient financial modelling for business decisions
- Provide practical and timely financial information, business analytics and information to ensure the department is effective in creating and executing the company’s strategic operating plan
- Evaluate and suggest process improvements to streamline the current month-end close process
- Provide business impact analyses to help determine the return on investment regarding strategic investments
- Continuously identify new opportunities to leverage analytics in order to improve product operations and develop cost savings
- Postings to other EIG sites/companies as assigned
- Assist in monthly/annual stock taking as required.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety Culture within the company.
- Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
- Compliance with all EIG Policies and Safety Regulations
- Other Related duties as assigned
- ACCA qualified
- Deadline-Oriented, Managing Profitability, Accounting, Audit, SFAS Rules, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Research Skills, Statistical Analysis, Business Knowledge
- Team-oriented management approach
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Willingness to be autonomous
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer-service attitude and skills
- Ability to problem solve and root cause analysis
- Visionary in scope of project and ability to think outside the box
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Detail oriented