Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: SuperPharm Limited
Job Title: Helpdesk Support Technician
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Helpdesk Support Technician
The incumbent is required to provide maintenance and support services for selected information systems software of SuperPharm Limited. He/she ensures the security of the application data; supporting and maintaining the software applications.
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Install or remove hardware and/or software, using defined installation instructions and tools; test and correct malfunctions, and document results in accordance with procedure; provide assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures; and update related maintenance and configuration records.
- Monitor and log the actual IT services provided to users, compared to that required by service level agreements, and liaise with supervisors in the resolution of any breaches.
- Assist with the development of software tests, and with the execution of the system and acceptance testing of modified or enhanced information systems, particularly for those areas of technical specialization.
- Maintain software application support processes, and ensure that all support requests are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Investigate problems with the application software; and assist with the implementation of agreed solutions and preventative measures.
- Provide support on an on-call basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing at a technical level, including at least eighteen (18) months’ experience in the maintenance, support and enhancement of software applications.
Education, skills and training considered as assets for the job:
- Knowledge of software maintenance and enhancement processes and procedures.
- Experience in hardware, software, network troubleshooting, and basic operating system functionality.
- Ability to install/remove hardware and software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly changing technologies.
- Effective time management skills.