Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: RIL-HSEM
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for the implementation of programs, policies and procedures with respect to the Health, Safety and Environment Management System for Ramco Industries Limited (R.I.L) and ensures that all employees adhere to all such policies and procedures.
- Supports the Senior Management of RIL in the HSE Policy and Guidelines development.
- Ensures, in accordance with the corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Assists the Sales, Fleet Maintenance and Operations Department in their dealings with employees and customers in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Conducts (in conjunction with the Plant Consultants and Departmental Heads) Risk Assessment for all departments and submits findings to the General Manager and all departmental heads.
- Accompanies Consultants on their visits at RIL’s Facilities so as to become familiar with the surroundings and common issues, which may arise.
- Conducts regular, routine inspections of all facilities, vehicles, plant equipment, customer files (including tank files), vehicle reports, fire extinguishers, hose inspections and all other relevant and critical items to ensure compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations and report non-adherence to the General Manager on a timely basis with recommendations for appropriate action to be taken. Present status reports on compound audits at the end of each quarter with deadlines for each outstanding issues.
- Ensures that the RIL complies with any supply contracts in place and coordinate preparation at each facility for HSE related audits by clients/third-parties/regulatory bodies as required.
- Conducts regular random walk around inspections at RIL’s facilities to assess Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) use and other relevant safety issues (housekeeping, extinguishers, safe working practices, etc.) report near misses and addresses issues, which arise out of these inspections.
- Reports observations/recommendations pertaining to H.S.E issues to the General Manager – whether favorable or not and liaise with respective departmental heads with the implementation of necessary corrective action.
- Random Testing
- Coordinate random drug testing (including alcohol) for employees and report incidence of non-compliance to the General Manager (RIL).
Health and Safety Committee Meetings
- Liaises with the Chairman of the Health, Safety and Environment Committee on issues that may arise from committee meetings.
- Act as an advisor to the HSE Committee on HSE related issues where required.
Health and Safety Meetings
Schedule Health and Safety meetings with relevant Departments and track attendance of employee by Department. Submit monthly statistical reports to General Manager on safety meeting completion.
- Prepare monthly safety meeting schedule and circulate to all departmental heads by the 3rd working day of each month.
Tool Box Meetings:
- Schedules Tool Box Meetings with relevant heads of Departments.
- Coordinate frequent spot audits to ensure compliance to Tool Box Meeting requirements.
Emergency Response Plan
- Amends annual or as otherwise determined by Senior Management the Emergency Response Plan for RIL facilities with emphasis on the following;
- Changes in operations
- Muster Points
- Emergency Response Equipment and all other relevant requirements.
OSH, Ministry Of Energy and Fire Services Visits:
- Work together with the Operations Manager to ensure that all schedules, Preventative Maintenance Files, Vehicle Files, Vehicle Inspection Files, Tank Inspection Files and all other equipment, etc is in compliance with the regulatory body’s requirements.
- Proactively coordinate preparation of RIL facilities for regulatory bodies inspections, visits, audits, etc.
Incident/Accidents Reporting and Investigation
- Conducts on-site and off-site investigations of all accidents and incidents involving fire, unsafe conditions and/or non-adherence to established safety issues.
- Prepare and submits reports with recommendations on the above to the General Manager or CEO/Executive Chairman for corrective measures to be taken.
- Prepares and submits to the General Manager or Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer accidents reports within five days of accident occurring.
- Prepares and submits to the Accounting Assistant or designated person in keeping with individual role and responsibility all relevant information with reference to accidents
- Liaises with the Insurance Broker/Insurance Company as required to ensure closure of all accident files in a timely manner.
Health, Safety and Environment Systems
- Ensure that all HSE policies and procedures are implemented, monitored, audited and reviewed as deemed necessary.
- Inspects Hot Work Sites together with the relevant departmental Manager and advise on Hot Work Site requirements in conjunction with all applicable policies and procedures and ensure compliance to Hot Work Permit requirements.
- Ensures, in conjunction with the Operations Manager/Fleet Maintenance Manager that the company’s fleet of vehicles are equipped with fully functional safety equipment and ensure that all vehicles are inspected and test driven after completion of preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all regulatory certifications (EMA, TTFS, MEEI, etc) for RIL’s facilities remain current.
- Prepares report (including recommendations) on testing and submits to Senior Management for review.
- Liaises with the Installation Department to ensure that all bulk product installations meet company standards upon first installation and ensures that it is maintained within the standards of the company and serviced according to the established Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedule.
- Coordinate the design and schedules in conjunction with the relevant Departmental Managers/Supervisors, H.S.E training programmes/workshops for RIL.
- Ensure the following training demands are met as required
- 1) Defensive Driving
- 2) Fire Drills and fire extinguisher training
- 3) Handling and storage procedures
- 4) Basic safety orientation for new employees
- 5) Other relevant programs as identified in accordance with the Company’s HSE Management System.
Customer Service Relationship
- Liaises with clients and relevant government bodies in a cordial and professional manner to ensure that the organization is kept abreast of all regulatory requirements or planned change.
- Forms and builds relationships with the regulatory bodies governing the Operations of RIL and liaises with relevant personnel within same to be informed of issues which can impact on the Company’s operations.
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications:
- Master of Science Degree in Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health or Equivalent.
- Level 6 Diplomas in National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Safety (NEBOSH U.K.) or Equivalent.
- OSHA 30- Hour Program
- First Aid and CPR Certificate Training Program
- Knowledge of the MS suite of applications
Specific Skills/ Experience and/ or Knowledge
- Knowledge of the elements, handling and storage of L.P.G.
- The ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Minimum Number of years of Relevant Experience
- At least three (3) years in an industry focused on Health Safety and the Environment
This vacancy is closed.