Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential
Job Title: Underwriter
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
UNDERWRITING POSITIONS IN GENERAL INSURANCE
A General Insurance Company is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Underwriter. The requirements for the position are as follows:
- Evidence of Insurance certification will be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an underwriting function with relevant knowledge of customer relationship management approaches and techniques.
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry’s product and service offerings would be an asset.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Effectively communicates with (oral and written), groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Responds to quotations within 24 hours of the receipt of all relevant information.
- Effectively compiles and summarizes pertinent data onto underwriting worksheets.
- Reviews policy records and reports to select routine matters for processing.
- Utilizes knowledge of underwriting and policy issuing procedures to ensure the operational efficiency of the Underwriting department.
- Deals quickly and efficiently with customer enquiries or complaints by phone, post or email.
- Receives proposals/information from direct clients & agents/salespersons for risk assessment, accepting, rating/quoting or declinature in accordance with the company's underwriting criteria.
Performs other related duties as required.
This vacancy is closed.