Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Jaffa at the Oval
Has a vacancy for a
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of culinary skills in preparation, cooking and to ensure that presentation standards are met and maintained at all times and wherever possible, improvements made.
- Supervise in the absence of the Head Chef, to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- To help control quality of food produced,portions served and waste.
- To ensure that service from the kitchen is prompt and courteous
- To fill in for any missing Line Cooks and run positions when needed.
- To maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- To leave work area in a clean and hygienic state.
- To assist in stock control, storage and presentation.
- To constantly update your knowledge of foods and presentation methods.
- To assist in maintaining correct rotation of all food products.
- Culinary degree or the equivalent would be an asset, but can be offset by working experience.
- Experience with Banquet Operations and Offsite Catering Operations or Cruise Ship
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Knowledge of training techniques.
- Awareness of health and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves,
- refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.
- Highly Motivated
- A Self Starter
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.
- Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Paid Vacation
- Health Plan