Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: MEDICAL SECRETARY
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
The incumbent will be responsible for performing administrative and secretarial duties. Also, to exercise wide latitude and discretionary action in the handling of material that may be of a confidential nature on own initiative.
- Transcribes dictated/written medical documents.
- Prepares confidential and special reports that may require considerable independent initiative and action to achieve desired results and conclusions.
- Maintains files, records or correspondence and other matters; ensuring that appropriate copies are distributed, information assembled and corporate personnel notified.
- Develops and maintains a system for easy storage and retrieval of written material.
- Maintains staff files and confidential files as required.
- Performs related medical secretarial duties as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with established standards relating to quality deadlines and meetings.
- Ensures that all patient information is treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) CXC O’level passes; two (2) of which must be English Language and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts.
- Certificate or Diploma in Medical Terminology.
- Certification in Microsoft Office.
- Certification in Human Biology would be an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the secretarial field.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Medical/Office Administration.
- Any other combination of qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
March 23, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.