Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Caroni
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
The Quality Control Technician is generally accountable for promoting and supporting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the manufacturing process. The Technician also provides support to the execution of the health and safety function.
- Performs inspections and tests as per instructions, and tests methods.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database, to ensure traceability of any job.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Obtains all relevant retain samples and standards for all jobs.
- Gives approval to start jobs once all required specifications have been checked and found to be within specifications.
- Identifies labels and segregates non-conforming products to ensure defective products are not delivered to the customer.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains organization and good housekeeping of equipment to ensure accurate measurements, proper records and general quality awareness
- Assists in the maintenance of the health and safety function by following set standards and procedures and implementing strategies to ensure compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established Occupational Safety & Health rules, policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and guidelines
- Performs any other duties that are required for the effective discharge of this job.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four(4) Advanced level/CAPE subjects.
- Certificate in Quality Management or Laboratory Technician Diploma.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
Solution Orientation- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Accountability & Dependability- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Teamwork- Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
Attention to Detail-Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; monitors and checks work or information.
Controls Exercised Over Work
The Quality Manager maintains full control of the position’s work
- Nature of supervisory control exercised over the work
This position will be controlled through instructions from its supervisor, the provision of reports by the incumbent and bi-annual performance reviews conducted by its supervisor.
- Nature of available guidelines controlling the work
Operating Procedures, OSH Policy and Rules, Employment Manual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Quality Control Technicians must be prepared to spend the majority of their workday on their feet, monitoring processes and inspecting products. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel materials or operate objects, tools or controls, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and bend.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Quality Control Technician must be willing to work on a shift system and on weekends as well as holidays. Working overtime is very common especially during periods of high and heavy production or non arrival of the next shift.
This Quality Control Technician works in a factory wherein large quantities of goods are produced. The factory has no air conditioning and may be hot, humid and dusty. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Hazards such as stock stacked well overhead and machinery malfunctions may exist.