Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Director Procurement
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Director, Procurement will manage the development and execution of the College wide procurement function (procurement, sourcing, contract management, and vendor relationship management).
The Director, Procurement will manage the development and execution of the College wide procurement function (procurement, sourcing, contract management, and vendor relationship management). The Director will lead efforts on behalf of the College to maximize the resources and leverage the buying power of the system, plan and coordinate time and delivery of purchases and assess requests for goods and services, by ensuring that they are allowable under limitations, restrictions, and policies, as well as determining availability of funds.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A masters degree in Supply Management, Business, Finance or a related field;
- a minimum of eight (8) years management experience in procurement preferably in a higher education environment;
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) certification or any recognized Procurement/Purchasing certification;
- knowledge of e-procurement technologies (i.e. Banner Procurement and Inventory module);
- knowledge of local and international statues on regulations guiding procurement practices;
- strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements;
- the ability to set clear goals and, through effective communication, share those goals with staff;
- demonstrated ability to draft and analyze RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, business documents and/or other agreements while assuring compliance with applicable laws, guidelines and prime contract terms;
- strong negotiation skills;
- strong supervisory skills;
- excellent communications skills;
- a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio with familiarity with integrated enterprise financial accounting systems.
Applications must be received by the 23rd March, 2018 and submitted to:
Vice President, Human Resources
Human Resources Division
COSTAATT City Campus
9-11 Melville Lane, Port of Spain
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.