Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Medical Chief of Staff, Mt Hope Women's Hospital
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Medical Chief of Staff at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
MEDICAL CHIEF OF STAFF, MHWH
The incumbent will be responsible for the administration and supervision of all clinical departments at the assigned institution.
- Enforces the medical rules/regulations, and the policies and procedures of the Authority.
- Chairs the medical staff Executive Committee subject to calling meetings and formulating the agenda accordingly.
- Ensures that the medical staff is informed about changes in the rules/regulations or policies that may affect medical practice.
- Performs personnel management responsibilities as assigned by the organisational relationship.
- Represents the medical staff on the Joint Conference Committee.
- Organises the Consultants to provide medical care.
- Organises, plans and directs the operations of the medical care facilities in the hospital.
- Plans, directs and supervises the work of professional and technical personnel engaged in medical activities.
- Advises the Director of Health on medical matters regularly and submits a report on same on a monthly basis.
- Provides support for the continuing medical education of staff members.
- Evaluates professional credentials of applicants for medical positions.
- Endorses performance of duty appointments for medical staff.
- Represents the medical staff’s position to:
- Ø The Director of Health on hospital matters affecting the discharge of medical staff responsibilities.
- Ø The Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences on clinical education responsibilities.
- Confers with professional, technical and other key personnel regarding general policies and procedures for the care and treatment of patients.
- Prepares in consultation with Heads of Department of the patients’ firms/units; draft annual estimates for recurrent capital expenditure for medical services.
- Conducts staff conferences and serves as a consultant to the professional and technical staff in difficult problems.
- Conducts rounds of inspection, outpatient clinics, examines/treats patients and where appropriate operates on patients.
- Conducts and participates in teaching programmes for Medical and Nursing students.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Postgraduate medical qualifications in the appropriate discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Senior Medical Officer or Consultant.
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Certification in Human Resource and Managerial skills will be an asset.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
April 06, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.