Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Deloitte. Trinidad and Tobago
Job Ref.: TT148573HM
Job Title: Senior IT Analyst, Solutions Delivery
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior IT Analyst, Solutions Delivery, Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC)- Trinidad
About the firm
Deloitte in Trinidad is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 100 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrows agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
About the team
Deloitte’s support function, also known as Internal Client Services (ICS), is Deloitte’s engine room and they provide many of the central functions to making the business successful. You will find teams in Talent, IT, Finance and Risk to name just a few. ICS plays a critical role by helping their internal stakeholders to be more efficient and focused on delivering an impact that matters to their individual client groups. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join the ICS team and support the learning within the Talent team for the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC), whilst also working with our Global Learning Administrative Services.
About the role
The primary objective of the position is to assist the Finance and Information Technology (IT) departments by providing ongoing support and technical assistance on the firm’s practice management systems and applications that support the firm’s Finance and IT infrastructure. Passionate, innovative, results-oriented participation with unwavering commitment to success will be instrumental for this role and for the advancement of the Deloitte internal services and IT strategy.
The Senior Consultant reports to the Applications Leader and is accountable for collaborating inter-departmentally with Senior or Lead Analysts and/or Software Development personnel to identify the root cause of application problems and provide possible workarounds or resolution details to customer. The incumbent will also be accountable for conducting the analysis, definition, documentation and/or testing of application software changes and system enhancements.
As a member of the Deloitte Shared Services team, the role is extremely visible to all offices within the Caribbean and Bermuda region and as such requires a highly developed ability to communicate effectively with other skilled professionals regionally while also providing excellent customer service to all Deloitte practitioners
- Responsible for the monitoring and support of the firm’s application systems/ERP, including but not limited to Finance/Accounting (Time & Billing, General Ledger, etc.), HRIS, Payroll and CRM
- Responsible for requirements elicitation, analysis, prioritization, validation and verification
- Responsible for the creation of business reports and dashboards using tools such SQL Stored Procedures, SSRS and Tableau
- Responsible for managing Microsoft SQL databases - Backup/Recovery, Performance Tuning and Monitoring.
- Analyze and optimize business processes
- Provide training of end-user functionality and develop documentation for applications
- Responsible for resolving application and system incidents, liaising with the appropriate teams where necessary for corrective actions or viable workarounds
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Responsible for keeping abreast of best practices for the industry and ensuring that the technology in place is being optimized
- Responsible for reviewing RFCs and managing vendor relationships
- The job calls for technical capability as well as business understanding
- Support ticketing systems - ServiceNow
- Other appropriate tasks as necessary
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Consultants across our organization:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life.
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities.
- Degree in computer science or related industry experience
- At least five years’ SQL experience of which two years should be in a development role is required
- At least three years' experience working with accounting systemsPMP or CSM qualification is a plus
- ITIL Foundation qualification is a plus
- Microsoft qualifications is a plus
- At least five years’ development or strong support experience with Aderant Expert, Practice Engine, Infor Sun or any ERP system is a plus
- Experience with medium sized installations (500+ users)
- Exposure to Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Project Server would also be beneficial
Additional desirable experience include:
- Business Intelligence knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Integration Services, SQL Reporting Services and SQL Analysis Services
- The ability to work across project lifecycles – from scoping to post go live support
- The ability to use investigative and diagnostic skills to resolve issues
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, particularly as the incumbent will be the central point of contact for vendors, users and oversight functions
- The ability to communicate the acknowledgement of an issue, to disseminate status updates and show resolution to issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with experience interfacing directly with business end-users in design and requirements planning, solution development, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team involvement
- Effective organizational and time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- High learning expectations related to Deloitte systems and applications used
- Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment and independently
Other benefits of joining our team include:
- Learning opportunities through in-house training, webinars and e-learning
- Career mentor and coach
- Early responsibility and empowerment
- A fast-tracked career where promotion is based on merit, not on years of service
- A flexible and collaborative work environment
- The incumbent must have the flexibility to work overtime beyond the normal work hours such as on evenings and weekends if necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to undertake business travel regionally and globally as required
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ complex issues. Further discover the Caribbean and Bermuda and how you can benefit from a career with Deloitte on our career’s website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This vacancy is closed.