Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: EPIDEMIOLOGIST
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Epidemiologist at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, conducting epidemiological research, investigations and disease surveys. Also, develops public health intervention and prevention programs and provides consultation to middle managers.
- Designs procedures, protocols, data collection instruments and computerised data management tools for use for epidemiological or chronic disease research and surveillance studies; develops methodologies and techniques for research and surveillance objectivities.
- Designs, implements, directs and evaluates original epidemiological or chronic disease studies to discover design, establish the need for intervention/control by the Institution, or other entity, develop and record control, intervention and or prevention efforts.
- Provides assistance, advice and direction for department investigators and other health professionals, observational research and other areas of disease control investigation and interventions to ensure protocols and results are valid and reliable.
- Monitors and regulates the review process for case reports, health statistics, demographics and laboratory techniques to facilitate the identification of possible epidemiological causes, trends, sources and possible remedial action.
- Analyses technical epidemiological data, interpreting the results in order to identify key health issues.
- Develops control, intervention and prevention strategies in conjunction with program, division and middle managers.
- Prepares repost, manuscripts, statistics, data, correspondence and other written material for scientific public departmental and other health professionals, government officials and the general public.
- Conducts presentations to the medical community, public health staff and the general public about epidemiology data/information to educate and promote disease control efforts.
- Provides work direction and coordination for other staff engaged in epidemiological research and investigations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the appropriate organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology Biostatistics or Public Health Administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years full-time experience conducting epidemiological research, epidemiological investigations, biostatistician research, including study coordination or disease surveillance system coordination.
- Certification in Microsoft Office.
- Any other qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
April 11, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.