Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FUJITSU Caribbean
Job Title: Regional Bid Manager
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
As a Regional Bid Manager, you will be responsible for the full bid management process, from qualifying the deal to the actual hand-over to the implementation team.
REGIONAL BID MANAGER
We are looking for someone who is seeking a fresh challenge. Someone with extensive bid and/ or proposal experience in ICT environments. As a person you will need to be pro-active and stress resistant. You will thrive on seeking ways to improve how work is done and has great communication skills. Next to that, you will need to be flexible and someone who creates a space of knowledge sharing. You will need to be driven by continuous learning and keeping abreast of Fujitsu’s technology and service offerings. This role is collaborative in nature so you must be able to work in conjunction with others towards shared outcomes. You are an influencer with an excellent methodical approach to getting the job done.
About the Role
As a Regional Bid Manager, you will be responsible for the full bid management process, from qualifying the deal to the actual hand-over to the implementation team. Essentially, this role will be responsible for submitting a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. You will ensure that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success.
Working under the direction of the sales lead, the role involves leading all day-to-day aspects of an individual bid. You will be involved in every aspect of the submission and have an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how their organisation can provide that. You will work closely with a core team while bringing in subject matter experts when required.
Together with Sales you will perform the intake and qualification of incoming bid requests, and you prepare and lead the decision making to ensure a strong win strategy. To do this, you will need to coordinate a multidisciplinary bid project team and motivate team members to present to a competitive offer. The bids you will be handling are complex and contain a mix of Fujitsu products and services. Therefore you will be responsible to ensure that the technical solution has been validated and endorsed by the relevant Services Lead. You will show your project management skills by securing effectiveness and efficiency. You will build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders on multiple levels in the organization as well with external partners. Next to that, you will ensure that all risks for Fujitsu that will arise from the bids are clear and documented, communicated to all stakeholders and are mitigated.
- Leads the Bid: Leads and manages all members of the bid team to work together to achieve a successful outcome (win).
- Win Strategy Articulation: Understands the win strategy and through analysis, articulates this to the bid team to develop a solution that aligns to Fujitsu’s overall strategy and in turn maximizes our chances of success.
- Informs Qualification: Supports Sales in the qualification of each opportunity through competitive analysis and win strategy development events.
- Bid Budgeting: Develops a bid budget for the lifecycle of the opportunity and thereafter monitoring/controlling expenditure against approved budget on an ongoing basis to remain within approved limits.
- Bid Planning: Develops a bid plan that supports the timely completion of all activities necessary to produce a compelling, assured and governed proposition and associated response documentation.
- Bid Resourcing: Identifies, organizes and controls resources required to support bid production ensuring the delivery of quality contributions from all team members.
- Bid initiation: Initiates the bid alongside the Sales opportunity owner; through a formal kick-off event that engages all bid team members and supporting stakeholders and delivers a consistent understanding of who the client is, what the opportunity is, who we are competing against, how we are going to win, challenges faced, team roles and responsibilities, the plan to execute the win strategy and behaviours that all bid team members and supporting stakeholders are to exhibit.
- Proposition Development: Manages the bid team to ensure the proposition and underpinning solution is developed to comply with the customer’s requirements and is aligned to the overall win strategy. Ensures the production of all relevant assurance and governance collateral in a timely, engaging manner to support review and subsequent approval.
- Response Development: Ensures the creation of exceptional customer response documents. Monitors the development of the response to support the timely completion of quality review events.
- Risk Management: Works to identify, analyse, respond and manage bid risks, assumptions and dependencies throughout the lifecycle of the bid enabling the informed completion of Due Diligence as necessary to support customer engagement and subsequent contract negotiation.
- Continuous Improvement: Ensure continuous improvement of bidding function through sharing of best practice, knowledge, experience and collateral.
Key Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of APMP Foundation Certificate in Proposal Management
Key Skills and Experience
- 5 to 8 years in IT experience in the development of proposals, including project management, people management, quality assurance, oral and written communication skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, organisational skills and pricing knowledge
- Experience in IT Services industry
- Advanced knowledge of Engagement/ Proposal principles, theories and concepts
- Ability to lead, enthuse and motivate a matrix team of solution, financial, commercial and legal contributors in achieving the bid win.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers and executive level management in Fujitsu
- Ability to demonstrate high-level knowledge relating to all products and services marketed and to all target industries
- Ability to work on problems of complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Are you up for the challenge?
At Fujitsu we aim to build a diverse and inclusive team, and welcome applications from everyone. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We are consistently awarded as one of the “World’s Most AdmiredCompanies” by FORTUNE magazine so it’s an exciting time to join our team.
We are the world’s fifth largest IT Services provider and No. 1 in Japan, offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 155,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Our presence in the Caribbean extends 60 years, with offices in Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad.