Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Amera Caribbean Development Ltd
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Quantity Surveyor manages all costs relating to building projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Many of these are specified by statutory building regulations, which the surveyor needs to understand and adhere to.KEY
ACCOUNTABILITIES• Estimation, planning and controlling of construction costs by preparing detailed cost plan.
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities and cost estimates
•Preparation of tenders, quotations and material procurement schedules
• Preparation of interim valuation payment certificates and support documentation for variations.
• Preparation and agreement of final accounts
•Preparation of pre-contract budgets, monitor budgets and prepare monthly cost reconciliation reports
• Preparation of supplier tender packages and prepare supply contract agreements
• Liaise with the Construction Manager and prepare all necessary documentation to secure extensions of time, direct loss and expense claims
•Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Assist in the future development of systems to enhance efficiency, economy and productivity
• Liaise with the Construction Manager on all contractual matters relative to the Quantity Surveyors functions.
• Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
• Performing risk and value management and cost control;
• Advising on procurement strategy;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
1. Attendance at construction site team meetings
2. Attendance to Commercial unit meeting
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or any similar qualification
ii. Minimum of Five years’ experience in a similar capacity
iii. Any combination of the above will be considered
iv. Computer Literacy with a proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word,
i. Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other structures.
ii. Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
iii. English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
i. Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinkingi
i. Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
iii. Strong numeracy and financial management skills
iv. Negotiating and team working skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site
v. Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology
vii. Able to multi-task
viii. Time Management skills
ix. Communications Skills
x. Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential Problems
xi. Conflict Management Skills
ii. Thorough and accurate
iii. Team player
This vacancy is closed.