Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: STATISTICAL OFFICER I
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
STATISTICAL OFFICER I
The incumbent will be responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of qualitative and quantitative health care information.
- Collects, edits and codes health statistical returns, and verifies the completeness and consistency of information supplied.
- Ensures proper medical record practices are maintained at the department.
- Maintains registers of information supplied by statistical returns.
- Prepares graphs for statistical analysis and publication.
- Ensures that the health care information system captures and collates meaningful accurate and timely information.
- Prepares monthly and annual utilisation reports.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly Annual Services Agreement (ASA) reports.
- Tabulates population figures, migrations and the number of births, and other aspects of economic and social life using basic statistical procedures.
- Monitors for inconsistencies in the numerical data collected in surveys.
- Codes and edits data in special surveys requested by government and private agencies.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality with all statistical data compiled.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the appropriate organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Health/General Statistics or in Economics with Statistics as a major subject.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with statistical applications.
- Certification in Microsoft Office.
- Any other combination of qualifications, experience and training may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
April 18, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.