Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Cinnabon & Auntie Anne's Ltd
Job Title: Business Operations Coordinator
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City: Trincity
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION TITLE: Business Operations Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Managing Director
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for managing risk, controlling cost and thereby increasing revenue though the identification and management of risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that business objectives and providing management with the information needed to meet their strategic and financial goals.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assemble and analyse the data for duplicate efforts, fraud, deficient controls, non- compliance of rules and regulations and other management policies by compiling and analyzing internal and external information;
- Plan and conduct properly managed audits (Internal and External)
- Prepare detailed and complete reports on the audit findings;
- Submitting the report of the audit results to the management and recommend the necessary changes;
- Develop and implement an inventory system based on audit findings;
- Creation and maintenance of detailed Company inventory database;
- Creation of systematic methods for handling and tracking of inventory;
- Monitoring of branch inventory turnover to ensure that branches have necessary products/small wares;
- Review all the data about the assets, capital stock, income, surplus and other expenditures;
- Examine all the information and financial systems on a continual basis;
- Manage IT issues and recommend changes to ensure data integrity and system reliability;
- Forecasting likely levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and monitoring stock levels to maximise business efficiency;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress and quality of service provided;
- Confer with all the company officials regarding financial matters;
- Examine if the organization’s objectives are fulfilled by the management activities;
- Maintain an anti-fraud manual with all the updated rules, policies, regulations and procedures;
- Responds to queries from branch managers and other persons regarding audit, compliance inventory and purchasing;
- Provide administrative support by implementing systems, procedures and policies;
- Comply with legal and franchise requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Any other relevant duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Managing and motivating people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar position in retail environment;
- At least five (5) years experience in Finance, Legal, Audit or Compliance;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management; Accounting;
- Experience in Internal Audit would be an asset.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of accounting and auditing principles;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to design, monitor and evaluate internal controls;
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior conflict-management abilities;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access;