Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Eastman and Associates Limited
Job Ref.: NCT/340/EAL
Job Title: Network And Communications Technician
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary / Package: $15,000 - $18,000 negotiable
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
This profile shall be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the WAN & LAN networks on land offices and offshore installations.
The functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Configuration and maintenance of networking, wireless and network security equipment and infrastructure
- Delivers network management and support, and provides network maintenance services, including network support, the resolution of network problems and the implementation of preventative measures.
- Investigates security breaches with networks and connectivity infrastructure in accordance with established procedures, and takes the necessary corrective action.
- Onsite support for and resolution of communications incidents
- Administrator level knowledge of:
o Switching L2 and L3
o IP Telephony and VoIP
o Network Security
- Opening of service tickets with the related support group at HQ
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and escalation of problems that cannot be solved locally
- Preparation of Project documentation
- Come up with solutions in the area of networks, IP telephony and communications with respect to new offices and improvements
- Maintenance of microwave links to offshore installations
- Respond to emergency calls that may arise at any hour
- Possess the TBOSIET training as trips to offshore installations for equipment, inspection and repair will be required
- Comply and obey all policies including HSE and Information Confidentiality at all times
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the development, implementation, management and operation of networks, messaging and communications infrastructure.
· Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
· Cisco CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associated
· Cisco CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional
· Working experience with the following equipment:
· CISCO:Routers, switches, FW, Access point, Wireless Controllers
Location Map:Dear Candidate, Thank you for providing us with your CV as the preliminary step in the process of registering for employment through Eastman & Associates Limited, your preferred Recruitment Agency. Processing/Fees • In order to assist with a job placement, you are asked to visit our offices (in office attire) at #31 Scott Bushe Street, Port of Spain between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. • At that time, you shall be interviewed and will be required to complete an online mandatory psychometric assessment (personality test). • There is a non-refundable processing fee which ranges from TT$250 - TT$500 (cash only) depending on the level of job requested. • This registration is valid for two (2) years. Requirements On the day of registration, you must bring the following: 1. Your resume with details of CXC and A Levels inclusive of Grades 2. Original of all your Educational Certificates 3. Original and copy of your Birth Certificate 4. One valid form of Identification (ID Card, Driver’s Permit or Passport) 5. A police certificate of character (a copy of the receipt is acceptable; however original must be forwarded upon receipt). 6. Two work-related references, as indicated on your resume along with their contact information. (Eastman and Associates reserves the right to refuse/withdraw services from, and employment to, any candidate who misrepresents their qualifications, experience, abilities, status and background). Should any of your documents not be in the name used for registering, please provide the support for the name change e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll. We thank you once again for selecting Eastman and Associates Limited for your job search and look forward to being of service to you. Regards Eastman & Associates Ltd # 31 Scott Bushe Street Port of Spain Website: eastmanandassociates.net Tel: (868) 625-3232, 623-2533 Fax: (868) 625-3219