Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: KAPPA Drugs Ltd
Job Title: Dispensary Technician
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Title: Dispensary technician
Reports to: REGISTERED pHARMACIST
- Job Function
The Dispensary Technician supports the work of the Dispensary by assisting in the dispensing of prescriptions and non-prescription pharmaceuticals. The person is responsible for the filling of routine dosage orders and prepackaged pharmaceuticals, as directed by the Responsible Pharmacist and ensures the upkeep of files on inventory, physician orders and prescriptions.
All activities must conform to the guidelines and standards set by the organization and to all legal and statutory requirements and to the requirements of the Pharmacy Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the efficiency of service and operations by answering questions and requests of stakeholders in an efficient and courteous manner and referring enquiries to the Pharmacist on duty.
- As directed by the Pharmacist on duty, prepares, counts, packages and labels doses for inspection and dispenses medications to customers.
- Maintains Dispensary inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, preparing orders for supplies, verifying the receipt of orders and removing expired or outdated drugs.
- Provides current and historical reference by entering, filing and retrieving information on physician orders and prescriptions.
- Maintains the safety and cleanliness of the Dispensary by adhering to infection-control protocols and complying with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops organized by the Company or by pharmaceutical organisations.
- Supports the development and maintenance of a team environment by performing other related duties.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Five GCE O’Level Subjects/CXC subjects, including a Science subject.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the procedures and standards for labelling and dispensing of prescription drugs.
- Advanced skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications.