Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Ref.: Accounts Payables- Hadco
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary / Package: Negotiable
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City: Barataria
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Accounts Payables Clerk
DATE: 4th May, 2018
DEPARTMENT: Accounts Payables
WORKING HOURS: 8:00am to 5:00pm
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Group Chief Financial Officer
- To handle the UNIPET/TSTT/FLOW portfolio
- To assist with the managing the group’s credit card portfolio through reconciliation and preparation of all credit cards cheques ensuring payments are made on a timely basis incurring no interest or penalty charges
- To share all functions of the Subsidiary Companies portfolio
- To assist with HADCO payables when required
- To train on Foreign Payables if required
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure all procedures are followed for preparation of cheques for Directors’ signatures – cheques to be cut on a regular basis, avoid cutting cheques on a Friday.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and cutting of cash cheques and local suppliers as required.
- To analyse and identify supplier payments which must be completed weekly. ATB’s to be previewed and printed weekly by 10am every Friday; adjusting to one week forward.
- Ensure ATB’s are consistently up to date and ready for review by the Group Chief Financial Officer and Group co-Chief Executive Officer every Friday at 12pm. Action as priority those suppliers with Invoices 31-60 days and over, up to date statements to be provided, all issues on ATB’s to be resolved.
- Ensure a proper filing system is maintained for suppliers’ invoices and statements on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all telephone calls within the department daily when the Accounts Payable Assistant is unavailable – receiving and calling vendors to collect cheques, advising the status of their payments and handling any other issues pertaining to Accounts Payables/Treasury Department in a timely and professional manner
- Daily dispatching of cheques to staff ensuring procedure is followed
- Ensuring all batches of cheques prepared and reviewed by a second person who has signed to this to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions when Directors are signing
- Responsible for handling the TSTT portfolio ensuring both landline and mobile are balanced and payments made in a timely manner and HR receives information for deductions in time for payroll run.
- Responsible for handling Flow and Unipet portfolio on a monthly basis ensuring all cheques are prepared in time for payment by the 20th of each month
- Assisting with the reconciliation and preparation of all credit card cheques. Ensure the timely distribution of credit card statements and prepare cheques accordingly to meet payment deadlines. No late payments to be made.
- To share the Subsidiary companies portfolio and train on Foreign payables-balancing of statements, preparation of payments, liaising with foreign suppliers, handling queries, working with logistics. Refer to Foreign Payables Objectives when required.
- Assist with HADCO payables when required.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Any other functions assigned by the Group Chief Financial Officer
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor/Manager.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor/Manager as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor/Manager.
- Five (5) “O” Level passes, including Math and English
- First Level ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications
- 2-3 Years’ Experience in Accounts
- Ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Computer Literate
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Motivated, Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
We wish to thank all applicants for your interest, but please note that only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is closed.