Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Planner
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Town / City: Mayaro/ Point Fortin/ Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Planner is responsible for ensuring the provision of a high standard of schedule development and management for entire project lifecycle, including building schedules, monitoring progress, producing reports and guiding scopes towards the optimum completion date.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant scheduling software Primavera.
- Prepare schedules for entire project lifecycle, including engineering and construction.
- Gather accurate progress and expended man hours information at relevant time intervals.
- Prepare, review and ensure the timely issue of all relevant reports to stakeholders.
- Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish.
- Provide realistic resource forecast data at a project and corporate level.
- Maintain realistic future work forecast plans for resource management.
- Provide input into the budget forecasting process.
- Support the Lead Planning Engineer as required.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from a recognised university
- PMP or related project management certification will be an asset
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role within the O&G/Energy industry
- Good working knowledge of Project Management Software e.g. Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Mpower.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management.
- Good general understanding of Planning, Scheduling, Critical Path Management, Change Control, Resource control, Progress Management and Reporting.
- High degree of Computer Literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers.