Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer operates as a member of the Department’s team and has direct responsibility of assisting in the identification and development of business proposals so as to increase the revenue generation of the corporation.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Marketing or a related field from an accredited academic institution
· Working knowledge of State Financial Regulations
· Proficiency in the preparation of business plans and proposals
· In depth knowledge of research techniques
· Basic knowledge of strategic and financial analysis
· Basic knowledge of contract management
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and software relevant to job functions (such as Visio, Publisher, MS Projects).
· Five (5) years’ experience performing functions in a marketing/business development environment with proven experience in developing proposals in the areas of:-
i. Business cases
ii. financing/funding options
iii. public/private sector partnerships
Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies and plans to ensure achievement of short, medium and long-term corporate business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, submits and presents reports and /or presentations as required and in accordance with the Corporation’s requirements.
- Participates in the preparation of annual Financing (Funding and Revenue) Plans for the Corporation, identifying financing, funding and/or revenue opportunities.
- Prepares draft Project Marketing documentation e.g. Offering Circulars, Offering Memoranda and Investor Briefs prior to issuance.
- Conducts the relevant research (market and otherwise) and data collection in relation to business proposals.
- Ensures that the relevant data is properly analyzed and used in the formulation of recommendations on proposals to allow for evidence based decision making.
- Conducts relevant feasibility studies in relation to business proposals.
- Ensures that proposals are properly formulated and recommendations are justified taking into considerations all relevant aspects of analysis and with the use of all appropriate marketing and financial tools and models.
- Liaises with potential investors to identify potential financing/funding for current and future projects.
- Evaluates financing proposals received to ensure the retention of the most cost effective financing mechanisms for funded projects and submits reports with recommendation in keeping with stated requirements.
- Collaborates with representatives of other Departments as necessary in the preparation or review of documents or proposals.
- Prepares any other official Business Development documents as are required by senior management.
- As required conducts monitoring and analysis of properties/assets owned by the Corporation to identify and maximize potential earnings/revenue.
- Promotes and markets the Corporation’s facilities in accordance with the annual plan and approved strategies.
- Evaluates the viability of the Corporation’s financial business partners and submits Risk Management reports inclusive of recommendations, as necessary.
- Participates in the identification and analysis of new markets/revenue streams and the preparation of relevant reports.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on behalf of the Corporation to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Coordinates with the Legal Department in the preparation of rental/leasing documents.
- Prepares project proposals for Business Development initiatives.
- Continuously liaises with key stakeholders (internal and external) in the development of relevant concepts/projects.
- Develop a framework for Business Development projects including the identification of the various stages, and the elements of each, from concept to full development and final handover to the relevant stakeholder
- Ensures that Business Development projects are closely monitored and reported on through each phase to ensure that actions can be taken, as recommended, to facilitate the initiatives being completed within the stipulated timeframes and budgets.
- Performs any other related duties as directed.
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications inclusive of Cover letters and CV's. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on May 16, 2018. Hard copy applications should be submitted to:
Senior Manager, Human Resources, Level 5, UDeCOTT Head Office, 38-40 Sackville Street, Port of Spain