Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: KAPPA Drugs Ltd
Job Title: Pharmacist
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Title: PHARMACIST
Reports to: GENERAL MANAGER
- Job Function
The PHARMACIST is responsible for the preparation of medications and giving basic pharmacological information on the nature and use of drugs to stakeholders and medical practitioners. The person is also responsible for preparing and maintaining the necessary records on prescriptions, patient charges and inventory.
All activities must conform to the guidelines and standards set by the organization and to all legal and statutory requirements and to the requirements of the Pharmacy Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and dispenses medications for customers by reviewing physicians’ orders, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals in accordance with established guidelines and advising customers.
- Ensures the efficiency of service and operations by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and customers and advising persons on drug dosage, interactions and side effects.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws by implementing requirements, updating records for controlled substances and removing outdated and damaged drugs from the dispensary inventory, as directed.
- Provides current and historical reference by implementing filing and retrieval systems on physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Maintains the safety and cleanliness of the Dispensary by adhering to infection-control protocols and complying with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains inventory of items by completing requisitions for items and prepares reports on operations to guide decision-making.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Supports the development and maintenance of a team environmental.
- Any other related Dispensary duties as the need arises.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Sc. degree in Pharmacy
- One (1) to Three (3) years post qualification experience in a Pharmacy preferred but pursuing 6-month pre-registration will be accepted.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the disbursement of pharmaceutical drugs