Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAHAMUT ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Job Ref.: REL-OS
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Rahamut Group is a diversified group comprising leading organizations, its principal operations involve the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products in Trinidad and Tobago and the broader region (Jamaica). Our commitment to service excellence and integrity in business has earned us enormous trust. Our position of leadership with integrity and trust is built through our dedication and commitment to customers, employees, shareholders and regional business communities.
We are committed to being a World Class Group of companies drawing strength from the combined experience of over 100 years of serving people of the region. We continue to be responsible corporate citizens and seek to improve the quality of life and positively contribute to the economies and the communities of which we are apart.
One of the companies in the group is Rahamut Enterprises Limited (REL). REL is a the largest retailer and distributor of diesel fuel on behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) and the largest transporter of other petroleum products and bulk liquids, servicing local and multi national consumers. In the non-fuel division, REL is the exclusive distributor of Conoco and Kendall lubricants and greases. The operation in based in San Fernando and has a staff complement of approximately 55 persons.
At REL we are committed to our vision to give customers peace of mind! Our mission is to be industry leaders by working in partnership with our customers and we facilitate their success by providing safe, high performing and innovative products and services for their vehicles and equipment. We ensure the highest standards of ethics, integrity and excellence in product and service delivery, we aim to be trusted advisors serving the needs of our internal and external customers and to have the lowest number of customer complaints .
REL upholds the highest standards of ethics and integrity in all our business dealings. REL’s HR mission is to develop and retain the best talent with a commitment to doing their part to making each individual a future leader.
We are looking for an even tempered Operations Supervisor to supervise the logistics of the Fuel and Transport Division. The ideal candidate must have solid logistics experience, must have keen focus on exceeding customer expectations through safe and efficient delivery, must be committed to efficient operations while understanding the importance of reporting as a critical aspect of compliance, controls and continuous improvement; must also have working knowledge of HSE; he/she must have excellent communication skills, strong people management, be a problem solver and have a resilient attitude. If this is you, you will be keen to take this opportunity to learn, grow and achieve well above average results and remuneration. You will apply the skills you already have and would have worked previously in a similar role. This position reports to the Divisional Manager - Fuel and Transport.
- Planning and coordinating the daily operational activities of the Fuel and Transport Division.
- Manages logistics process to achieve targeted customer service related KPIs.
- Reviews and approves the Daily Programming Sheets of Drivers for scheduling of work the following day.
- Communicates with the Divisional Manager - Fuel and Transport on all operational issues which can negatively impact on the Company’s business.
- Works with the Divisional Manager - Fuel and Transport to resolve all customer related issues in a timely manner.
- Conducts external site visits to customers’ locations to resolve and to ensure compliance with the Company’s delivery procedures, Government and other Statutory Agency standards and prepares recommendations to close gaps.
- Prepares reports to track KPIs for submission to Senior Management; the reports should focus on (but not limited to) customer service, asset productivity and stock movement reconciliations.
- Reviews and analyzes key operational and administrative documents for variances and submits findings with recommendations to Senior Management.
- Conducts specified HS&E audits as required under the Company’s HSE Management System.
- Holds key positions within the Company in the absence of primary position holders.
Knowledge , skills and abilities:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the activities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-honed people management skills.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Working knowledge of computer applications.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational, Safety and Health Act of Trinidad and Tobago.
This vacancy is closed.